Maximise your Yield: Cooking and Oil Care Tips
Follow these tips to make perfectly crisp & delicious McCain Chips. Everytime.
- For the best texture and flavour, McCain chips must be kept frozen until cooking time.
- Never fill the basket more than half full. Over filling will result in greasy, soggy chips
- Set timer to precise fry time according to the fry time on the box. When cooking smaller amounts, reduce the frying time. Always cook to a light golden colour. Do not overcook
- Shake the baskets 30 seconds into frying. This helps keep the chips from sticking together, shake again after another 30 seconds.
- After cooking, drain the basket for 10 seconds and shake gently. This assists in separating the chips and draining excess oil.
- Serve your McCain Chips immediately
- Avoid piling cooked chips in more than two layers under the heat lamp. Chips that are piled too high will steam and go soggy quickly.
- First In, First Out. Do not place freshly cooked chips on top of older chips.
Oil Care: What you put in, is what you get out.
- Start with a high quality cooking oil. Lower quality oils deteriorate faster and transfers its flavour to other fried foods.
- Keep Oil at 175° C while the fryer is in use. Make sure your thermometer is working correctly to be able to know the temperature of your oil.
- Skim and filter your oil regularly. Skimming and filtering between frying will extend the oil life.
- Change the oil every 7 – 10 days. Always change your oil if contaminated with water or salt.
- Use a clean, well-maintained fryer. Keep your fryer clean and good working condition to sustain a high frying performance.
Watch this video for more tips on how to get the most from your McCain product